Competition Information (Word Version)
Competition Information (PDFVersion)
The Hong Kong Web Society is organizing a logo design competition that is open to all members of the Hong Kong Web Society. The logo will be used on the Hong Kong Web Society website and on other promotional materials. Only one winner will be selected.
Following are the rules and regulations of the competition.
To design an image that signifies HKWS, the Hong Kong Web Society. The event is administered by the Hong Kong Web Society Executive Committee.
The logo will be a design that embodies the Hong Kong Web Society. The design must be adaptable for any and all appropriate uses including posters, souvenirs, program covers, T-shirts and advertisements.
This competition is open to all Hong Kong Web Society members who are not in the Judging Committee. Non-member should enroll in the HKWS website http://www.hkws.org/ to become a Hong Kong Web Society member first before submitting an entry. All entries become the property of Hong Kong Web Society when they are submitted.
The logo design must be submitted electronically no later than Feb 28th, 2004.
The Hong Kong Web Society Judging committee will be responsible to judge all entries under a blind review process. Judging will be based on originality, effectiveness of design, neatness of presentation, balance of lettering and design, appeal and adherence to the rules. The winner will be notified in February 2004.
The winner will receive a $500 cash prize and a certificate.
All entries to this competition must comply with the following specifications:
1. There is no limit to the format and color you can use in your design.
2. If the design is generated by computer using a graphic design software package such as Illustrator, Photoshop or Freehand, original electronic files of completed designs should be retained by the artist until judging is completed. The winner will be required to submit his/her artwork in the original software file to Hong Kong Web Society for reproduction purposes. We cannot guarantee return of any materials.
3. All copyright laws must be followed in the creation of the design.
4. Hong Kong Web Society retains the right to make modifications to the final design as necessary in order to produce a logo that is to our standards and to the manufacturer's specifications and abilities. This may include design, colors or changing of some elements of the design.
5. Design should be submitted through email with a completed competition entry form. Entry form must be complete and signed and delivered with artwork.
6. There is no limit to how many designs an individual may submit.
7. Entries that do not comply with all of the above requirements will be disqualified.
Submit Your Design
All entries must be submitted electronically according to all of the above specifications.
All questions should be submitted by e-mail to the Activity Chair Howard Leung at firstname.lastname@example.org